Younes Ra’di, D.Sc.
Research Assistant Professor
Director of RF and mm-Wave Laboratory
Photonics Initiative, Advanced Scientific Research Center (ASRC)
City University of New York
Dr. Ra’di’s current research interests include wave physics and engineering with an emphasis on the engineering characteristics of optical wave-matter interaction. He has made significant contributions in areas such as bianisotropic particles, optimal materials for strong light-matter interactions, and functional metasurfaces.
- November 28, 2019: Our paper on Microwave Tunneling and Robust Information Transfer Based on Parity-Time-Symmetric Absorber-Emitter Pairs has been published in Research.
- October 11, 2019: Our paper on Temporally and Spatially Coherent Emission from Thermal Embedded Eigenstates has been published in ACS Photonics.
- September 19, 2019: I have received MDPI Best Paper Award at Metamaterials 2019.
- August 21, 2019: Our paper on Coherent Virtual Absorption of Elastodynamic Waves has been published in Science Advances and and featured in Newsweek. [Press release]
- May 30, 2019: I have received 2nd prize at the URSI Young Scientist Best Paper Award.
- March 19, 2019: Our paper on Combined Metagratings for Efficient Broad-Angle Scattering Metasurface has been published in ACS Photonics.
- February 23, 2019: I have received an URSI Young Scientist Award.
- February 22, 2019: Our paper on Tunable Metasurfaces: A Polarization Rotator Design has been published in Physical Review X. [Press release]