Younes Ra’di, D.Sc.
Research Assistant Professor
Founding Director of RF and mm-Wave Laboratory
Photonics Initiative, Advanced Scientific Research Center (ASRC)
City University of New York
Dr. Ra’di’s current research interests include wave physics and engineering with an emphasis on the engineering characteristics of optical wave-matter interaction. He has made significant contributions in areas such as bianisotropic particles, optimal materials for strong light-matter interactions, and functional metasurfaces.
- February 3, 2022: Our interdisciplinary team has won 2022 CUNY Interdisciplinary Research Grant.
- January 12, 2022: Our paper on Radio-Transparent Dipole Antenna Based on a Metasurface Cloak has been accepted for publication in Nature Communications.
- January 8, 2022: Our paper on Stability Bounds on Superluminal Propagation in Active Structures has been accepted for publication in Nature Communications.
- December 17, 2021: Our paper on Metagratings for Efficient Wavefront Manipulation has been published in IEEE Photonics Journal.
- November 3, 2021: Our paper on Generalization of Exceptional Point Conditions in Perturbed Coupled Resonators has been published in Physical Review B.
- April 26, 2021: Our paper on Dual-Layer Radio-Transparent Dielectric Core Metasurface Antenna has been published in IEEE Open Journal of Antennas and Propagation.
- May 27, 2021: Our paper on Parametric Enhancement of Radiation from Electrically Small Antennas has been published in Physical Review Applied.
- June 8, 2020: My interview with CNBC on the new generation of wireless power transfer systems was published online.
- May 7, 2020: Our paper on Virtual Critical Coupling has been published in ACS Photonics, and featured on the cover.
- April 18, 2020: Our paper on Nonreciprocal Wavefront Manipulation in Synthetically Moving Metagratings has been published in Photonics, and featured on the cover.
- April 7, 2020: Our paper on Efficient Focusing with Large Numerical Aperture Using a Hybrid Metalens has been published in Physical Review Applied.
- November 28, 2019: Our paper on Microwave Tunneling and Robust Information Transfer Based on Parity-Time-Symmetric Absorber-Emitter Pairs has been published in Research.
- October 11, 2019: Our paper on Temporally and Spatially Coherent Emission from Thermal Embedded Eigenstates has been published in ACS Photonics.
- September 19, 2019: I have received MDPI Best Paper Award at Metamaterials 2019.
- August 21, 2019: Our paper on Coherent Virtual Absorption of Elastodynamic Waves has been published in Science Advances and and featured in Newsweek. [Press release]
- May 30, 2019: I have received 2nd prize at the URSI Young Scientist Best Paper Award.
- March 19, 2019: Our paper on Combined Metagratings for Efficient Broad-Angle Scattering Metasurface has been published in ACS Photonics.
- February 23, 2019: I have received an URSI Young Scientist Award.
- February 22, 2019: Our paper on Tunable Metasurfaces: A Polarization Rotator Design has been published in Physical Review X. [Press release]